Energy Kids are a group of kids committed to a sustainable future.
I, (NAME), pledge to help the environment!
I promise to:
- Turn off the lights in empty rooms at home, and ask my teachers to do the same at school.
- Turn off the radio, television and other electronics when I’m not using them.
- Ask my parents to buy florescent light bulbs, or light bulbs that are labeled as energy efficient.
- Open the drapes and window shades on cold, sunny days to let in heat from the sun. This way, my heater won’t have to work so hard.
- Close drapes and window shades on summer days. This way, my air conditioner won’t have to work so hard.
- Ask my parents to make sure our house is properly insulated.
- Decide what I want to eat before I open the refrigerator door.
- Turn the water off when I brush my teeth.
- Run dishwashers, washing machines and clothes dryers only when they are full.
- Take short showers instead of baths, and remember not to turn the water on too hot. It takes a lot of energy to heat that much water.
- Recycle at home and ask my teachers to start a recycling program at school.
- Keep my eyes and ears open for more ways to conserve energy to help the environment.